Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

KAUAI 2014

Well it's about time I write about this summer. You could say we started the summer out with a boom! After spring semester I graduated and I wanted to do something so fun so I planned that we would go to Kauai, Hawaii for a month. The whole month of May we were complete bums. It was amazing we got away from Utah for a while and were able to kick back and relax from school. Kauai was an amazing experience for many reasons. 

One reason is that Kauai is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Everyone says that the island as a whole is a spirit it will either accept you or it will get you off or at least try to get you out. I feel like we were really accepted. Being so majestic the beauty was on steroids it felt like. The most green I have ever seen. Not just green though it was tropical. Its like someone took a plane above the island and dropped seeds from every place of this Earth on the lands. Leaves would be bigger than my face, flowers were everywhere almost as if they bloom over night, and any waterfall looks like heaven is pouring out from the sky. I'm so grateful I was able to see so much in the time that we were there. The beaches are unlike anywhere I've been. The sand the water just everything was perfect. 
Another thing I feel in love with was the hikes. I love the outdoors especially when I am in a new place. I love just escaping into something other than the world. That might not make sense to you but I don't know any other way to describe it. Even when our family was with us I will still able to connect with my self. We went on a lot of hikes mainly to waterfalls which I am definitely okay with I love waterfalls! One hike was so fun! It had just been raining and the trail was knee deep with mud and we were all slipping everywhere. The mud also smelt like poop but we were all laughing it was a good time. 

I fell in love with the culture of the island. Family is everything there. You do everything with your family and friends everyday. They all get off, everything closes early, and they spend time with their family. It seemed like the highlights of their days, every day. The kids had so much respect for their elders. Even to me I would be called "Auntie" and Jordan was "Uncle". I loved it because that just made me feel like family. Most families have hardly any "things" yet they have everything at the same time. You don't need much to be happy on Kauai. 

I was also really grateful for my family. On Jordan's side I got to know each of them a lot more. I think it was exactly what I needed. My brother in law Trevor(who says we have no relation and can just be gay about it) was one of my favorites to get to know. I almost felt like I had an older brother. Pretty much he picked on me the whole time and that's what brothers do right? He was also a sport the whole trip. He just had a ear surgery that prevented him from getting in the water and he had to watch all of us have a good time. Next time though he can join the fun! My sister in law Tricia is pregnant about to have her baby in a few days actually but she is so fun! For being so pregnant she was not slowed down at all. Minus all the deep grunting you wouldn't even know she was pregnant and I guess the perfectly formed bump on her front gives it away too! But she taught me so many things about pregnancy that I now would be okay never having a child. All the things people don't tell you... Also I got to open up to her about a lot of stuff I can't open up to anyone about in Utah so that felt good. She let us into her home and we stayed in the most beautiful room. It doesn't necessarily have windows but shutters that would just leave open. It was so amazing. My brother in law Justin is what he think "my favorite brother" which he is pretty cool. Justin is such a hard worker and the whole time we were there you can tell his wheels are always turning trying to figure out how to make his business better. I had a lot of talks with Justin. He is so faithful in all his life decisions. He is definitely way to hard on himself about so many things but that's what we (his family) are all for to remind him that he is great! He let me and Jordan into his home and let us stay there when he was away in the mainland. They have the cutest house out in the middle of nowhere surround by a huge jungle with every kind of fruit tree in their yard. The house has a huge back porch too. It's so cute. Then there is the SASQUATCH. Yes Sasquatch is a girl. She is known as Tricia Hier through the land. She wiggles her mouth when she eats and she loves shiny things like her iPhone ;) If you want to catch Sasquatch just find an iPhone playing 1 Direction and she'll come running for you. JK Tricia :) Tricia is the closet to my age in the family. This girl is one working out machine. She is so dedicated to the gym and made me feel lazy the whole trip. I went running with her once. For everyone one of her steps I had to take two to keep up. She ran like 6 miles I think and after two for me I went and passed out on the yoga mat.  She is fun though and even though she loved the gym she didn't mind eating a pazookie with me.  Then there were all the dogs. I love them all so much and I realized I am a dog whispperer . Its cool I could probably get paid for it. 



On my side I got to see my Auntie Shannon. I hadn't seen her in 8 years. We were definitely totally different people when meeting so its like we had to get to know completely new people. It was cool getting to know all my family secrets. She really is such a hippie and I admire her for that. She is so relaxed and so happy. She is so sweet. She wants Jordan's family to be her family too and she will probably treat them like family forever. Which is what I always wanted. One big family. My aunt spoiled Jordan and I. She bought us a tour up to the Napoli Coast. The most magical place of the whole island. I fell in love with the beauty of Kauai on that boat ride. We snorkeled. I had fish touching me there was so many. The captain is good friends with Trevor so where ever I would swim he would throw in pretzels and all the fish would come right by me. It was unreal. Also he would pull the boat right up under these waterfalls and make sure Jordan and I were under the water. He was an awesome captain! I will always remember my aunt when I think of such an amazing adventure. Hearing the stories of the ancient Hawaiians that lived there gave me chills thinking of the huge cliffs they would climb up. My aunt is amazing. I love her for all that she is. Lets not wait another 8 years to see each other. 
Most importantly my husband. I learned so much about him. We had many adventures together and he learned a lot about me as well. When we thought we knew each other we didn't. We laughed so much and just enjoyed out time with everyone. I'm so grateful we worked so hard to make the trip possible. More memories to come!

I loved this journey and I will always remember it. Luckily I have a million photos to look back on.

We are now saving up for a trip to Cape Verde for next year 2015 sometime or 2016 depending on when our brother Jesse will be there. That will be an exciting experience. Until then we will have more adventures to come. I'm actually going back to school. I changed my mind of what I want to do so I have a few more classes I need to take and some internships. Jordan will be done with school too. He was supposed to be done a while ago but something always happens to where he can't whether he can't take a class because of a internship or something. We got all moved into our place when we got back from Kauai. We pay nothing. Its 650 flat for TV,Internet, and all utilities. The house is backed up to the the mountains and we also have a view of the lake. Its beautiful and I have fun running out here because of the views. I want to get a kitten. I think it would make me very happy. I'm starting a fund and I already have a name. Sooo that's pretty much it.

Here is the video from our trip! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKWlj0Qm5x0


Hope you enjoyed!
 OHHH and SHAKAUFAKA Hangloose!














No comments:

Post a Comment